Choose Your Language:
Guide / Resources
The Six Commandments of the Church
1. To keep the Sundays and Holydays** of Obligation holy, by hearing Mass and resting from servile work.
2. To keep the days of fasting and abstinence appointed by the Church.
3. To go to confession at least once a year.
4. To receive the Blessed Sacrament at least once a year, and that at Easter or thereabouts.
5. To contribute to the support of our pastors.
6. Not to marry within certain degrees of kindred.
** The Holydays of Obligation observed in Malaysia are: Christmas Day, the Ascension, the Assumption of our Lady, and All Saints.