"The Lord never gets tired of forgiving" - Pope Francis
How to do a good confession?
- When the priest pulls the slide, make the Sign of Cross and say, "Bless me Father, for I have sinned".
- Tell how long it is since your last confession, without waiting to be asked.
- Tell your sins, and the number of times that you committed them, and do this without pausing or delay.
- When you have told the last sin, say immediately, "For all these and the sins of my past life, especially those I cannot now remember, I humbly ask pardon of God and Penance and absolution of you, Father".
- Then, listen attentively and humbly to the confessor and note the penance he imposes. Whilst he gives you absolution, say an Act of Contrition.